Is it just me or does anyone else feel like 2019 flew by? I don’t think I’ve had a single month where we haven’t been busy. I have neglected my little space on the internet and have felt quite lonely without it at times.
I have taken some time to really think about what I want from this space in the next 12 months and questioned whether I needed it any more. I do, but not in the same way as I did when I first started blogging. At the beginning blogging was a way for me to talk openly about Jason and my grief because I wasn’t able to do this in real life. I talked about him but only to a certain point that I knew friends and family could cope with. I couldn’t fully open up because honestly I knew the truth wouldn’t sit well with them.
I still love writing about him but once his story has been written and rewritten and written again there isn’t much else to say that hasn’t already been said. His story unfortunately doesn’t change, I can’t add anything new because he’s not here and that STILL hurts as much as the day I left him at the hospital. At the same time I enjoy writing about Ellie, her little quirks and personality is one of a kind. She brings a whole new meaning to fiery but she also brings more happiness than I ever thought possible.
So I decided I would make some goals to help me with this space and with the next 12 months. There is so much going on again this year and I am feeling excited to share the collaborations i’ve got lined up and more of our adventures as a family along the way!
So here are my 2020 goals:
- To make time to write more (simply because this has been a difficult thing the last few months especially!)
- To remember the happy times and not focus on the bad.
- To engage more with other bloggers!
Here are my 2020 goals for my social media accounts:
- To reach 10K followers on Instagram (I do follow genuine accounts back!)
- To engage more with other bloggers, influencers and parents.
- To develop my photography/editing skills
- Don’t focus on ONLY posting the Instagram-worthy posts
- BE REAL!
I’d love to hear your goals for 2020, write them in the comments and lets support each other. Trolls as SO 2019.