Who here remembers having a Care Bear when they were little? I certainly do, I’m pretty sure it was a Funshine Bear and I have such nostalgia when I see them now! I love that they are still as popular today as they were back in the 90’s but I didn’t realise Care Bears first came out in the 80’s and they are celebrating 40 years of the colourful, snuggly bears!
We are super excited to be able to celebrate 40 years of Care Bears and join in with their 40 Days of Caring challenge too – I’ll let you know more about this further down the review.
Who is Care-a-Lot Bear
Care-a-Lot is a brand new bear created to celebrate the 40th Anniversary and more excitingly the very first bear to exist in the magical kingdom of Care-a-Lot! She is never afraid to show how much she cares. Her passion to care for her neighbours and her community, bringing kindness and love to everyone she meets is what she cares most about!
Limited Edition and Collectible!
The newest Limited Edition Care-a-Lot bear is 14 inches tall and an ombre pink and purple with unique silver sparkles in her fur. She has a beautiful castle belly badge showing the kingdom of Care-a-Lot and illuminated by a rainbow, this is completely different to any other care bear and special “40th” embroidery on her foot. There’s also the signature Care Bears button on her bottom!
She also comes with a certificate of authenticity and is definitely a highly collectible bear!
40 Days of Caring
From 1st August until 9th September aka #ShareYourCareDay there will be a list of 40 daily challenges all revolving around caring to get involved with! You can join in by sharing your acts of kindness and the ways you care on Instagram just follow the steps below and you will be entered into a raffle for super awesome Care Bears swag!
How to Play
Each day they will reveal a new way to Share Your Care.
- Take a picture of yourself doing the Share Your Care activity that is posted for today’s date in the calendar.
- Submit your picture through the form or by tagging #40DaysOfCaring on Instagram.
- Share your post to your social media accounts for bonus raffle entries.
- Collect votes from friends and family for even more chances to win. Each vote counts as one raffle entry!
- Come back each day to play again! Each new post counts as an entry in the raffle that you can collect votes on, too! The possibilities are endless!
Where to buy…
Care-a-Lot 40th Anniversary Care Bear is available to buy from Smyths, ToyMaster, House of Fraser, John Lewis and all good independent retailers.